- Personal information collected when you use this website
The Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 defines Personal Information to be "information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion." While you visit this website, we may collect different kinds of Personal Information from you in a variety of ways.
- Clickstream Data
When you visit this website our server makes a record of your visit and logs the following Personal Information: - your server address - your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .net, .edu, etc) - the time and date of your visit to the web site - the pages and documents you have accessed or viewed - the type of browser you are using.
- The Personal Information collected by JC Designer Kitchens (JCDK) when you send us an email, will include your email address and may also include some of your Personal Information. SDP records your email address and Personal Information in the following instances:
- When you follow the email link on the "CONTACT US" page.
- When you complete the Enquiry Form on the “CONTACT US” page.
- Clickstream Data
The Personal Information we collect from you is collected for the following purposes:
- the stated purpose for which it was provided;
- enhancement to the website to the user's needs; and
- communication, statistics, research and development.
We will only publish Personal Information on this website if it has been collected for this purpose with your knowledge, or if you have otherwise consented to the disclosure. When giving such consent you should be aware that Personal Information published on this website is accessible to millions of users from all over the world, that it will be indexed by search engines and that it may be copied and used by any web user. This means that, once the Personal Information is published on this website, we will have no control over its subsequent use and disclosure. All Personal Information collected by JCDK is protected by the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 and any subsequent Federal legislation. Information on the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 can be found on the Federal Privacy Commissioner's web site.
For the purposes we have described in section 2 above, we may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to our suppliers (including service and content providers), contractors, dealers and agents;
- to our related companies;
- to government agencies or individuals appointed by a government responsible for the investigation and resolution of disputes or complaints concerning your use of our services and products;
- to anyone to whom our assets or business (or any part of it) is transferred or who proposes to acquire our assets or business;
- where you have otherwise consented; or
- as otherwise required or authorised by law.